How do I resolve issues of different beliefs and convictions Dec 28, 2022 16:19:27 GMT 9 kyzersmom likes this
Post by dominic on Dec 28, 2022 16:19:27 GMT 9
Even among the Christian faith teachings, there is different views, opinions, and convictions. There will 100% come a time when we will think "different" and it might "cause ill feelings". That is understood. What do we do? We first know that we are not God, we can be wrong and we can be correct, and we can be correct, but present it wrong, in wrong attitudes. It's really difficult especially since we can't see other's facial expressions and hear the tone of voice. No worries. If you must present your point across, you know what you must do already, but please remember Jesus and what he said.
1. take a break
2. think of "putting yourself in their shoes" and what life experiences and drama they have the triggers a response to you
3. If you are calm, cool, and collected, perhaps you can just record a video, post it on YouTube, make it unlisted, and tell the user. You can be "wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove"
4. Understand that we never can control or change anyone's beliefs (eat meats? eat veggies only?) - Romans 14 has a room for grace there. Masks and Vaccines are the same idea.
5. We are still learning and growing and in all different struggles in our faith, walking with Jesus.
6. We are not any righteous if we "don't smoke" than someone who does. (Matthew 7). Not an excuse for sin though.
7. We have different views on the use of alcohol. Some don't touch it at all. Some thing a bear or glass of wine is ok. But we know the Bible says things about "being drunk". That is not a debate issue.
These are just ideas too and I don't have the answers, I depend on you too.
Here are some of my dumb mistakes.
I get banned
I get deleted
I get super angry
I call and yell at the person on the phone or in video
I get all angry at meetings
I deleted my accounts, then re-create them
I deleted websites, then re-create them.
see I have a lot of sad stories because of my anger. Please think and be patient. God wants that, that is not my advice.